Friend: Hey, there’s this guy in my office, he is really nice and sweet, has a job and seems like a mature, responsible person. Would you like to go out with him?
Me: What!? What I’m supposed to do with that guy? He seems perfect! What I’m supposed to fix in him? I can’t date a guy unless he is a rude, immature narcissist, compulsive liar. C’mon girl you know my type!
My favorite kind of music genre is Indie Rock, Alternative, Electronic and Dream Pop. So that’s the old 80’s music for you, even though I was born in 90’s. I guess the reason I like it is that it makes me feel nostalgic and reminds me of my childhood in some way.
I keep discovering new bands and artists that are not mainstream but are unbelievably underrated. So, I thought why not share them with everybody, in case anybody likes it.
It’s very rare that a cover song is better than the actually released one, but it does happen sometimes and here’s the list of covers that I love:
This is like a double-triple-quadruple mashup.
This cover is so dreamy, that it had me shook. LOL.
This acoustic cover by Ryan Adams is so sad, but oh.. so good!
Everybody has heard of Get Lucky by Daft Punk but have you heard of this dark version by Daughter?
Everything that The 1975 touches become heavenly! This cover wins! Everybody go home.
What are your favorite covers?
- When did you get into Photography?
- I started photography when I bought myself a smartphone in 2013. I started with mobile photography using Nexus 4.
- Which gear do I use?
- Canon 750d. And I only have the basic kit lens 18-55mm. Now saving for 50mm, 70-200mm, and a macro lens. I can buy these lenses in a month with the amount of money I earn, but let’s go with the excuse that I’m saving.
- Am I a professional photographer?
- No, I’m a professional UI Developer, in case you need a website. On the other hand, my photography is purely a hobby for me. I don’t do photoshoots or try to earn money from it.
- Which apps I use to edit my pictures?
- Okay, I get this question a lot. The thing is I have a very clear vision of what the end product should look like and to get that result I’ll use any amount of software. Anyway, my most used are Snapseed, PicsArt, VSCO, Pixlr, etc. If I had to choose only one software that would be Snapseed, obviously.
- Why I only take pictures of flowers and mostly nature?
- Because flowers don’t tell me that they look fat in the picture and sunsets don’t ask me to take their pictures more candidly. I am the master here, hence nature and still life photography.
- Aint self-portraits just like selfies?
- Umm well, you got to feed your narcissism every now and then.
- How to get an aesthetic feed?
- Create a theme for your pictures. All aesthetic feeds have one thing in common, that is, colors. Educate yourself on the topic of color theory. A game like ‘I love hue’ may help. Always, remember post only those pictures that have the best quality.
- Any piece of advice for a beginner?
- Your camera, lens, software doesn’t mean a thing if you don’t know how to compose a picture. To master the composition start practicing every day with your mobile camera.
I feel kinda plagiarist whenever someone calls me a photographer or appreciates my photography skills.
On the other hand, whenever someone calls me an artist or appreciates my art, I feel proud and happy, because I literally created that shit with my own hands! So it makes me feel like I’m entitled to that appreciation.
But it’s different with photography. It’s like I didn’t do anything. There is all kind of beauty around us and I just happen to notice it. Let’s say, I’m at the right place at the right time and I seize the moment. I, in no way, made those flowers and sunsets beautiful. They already were and are!
I only know how to use an equipment to capture pictures and several other software to bring that beauty out to the world.
So, I don’t know, this is that what being a photographer is like?
So, I’m here because lots of people on Instagram loved the little excerpts that I wrote and also encouraged me to start a blog. I am really thankful for those people, because of them I am writing my first blog post.
My blog would mostly consist of my average everyday experiences, my basic love life and my mediocre expertise related to things that nobody cares about. I might also write about the mental health issue, because, let’s face it, everybody is crazy these days.
Let’s start with a brief introduction about me- for a living, I work as a Front-end Developer. As being a programmer with little or no life at all, I spend a great amount of time on the internet, consuming pop culture and memes, living on Tv series and movies, dreaming about traveling the world, just like every other IT guy/gal does. I also have several hobbies like reading, writing, painting, etc.
Now, if you think that I am just another nerdy, introverted, girl next door who likes reading, and writing and has opinions about every damn thing, then you are absolutely right. That’s exactly what I am.
If you’re still reading this and you do find me interesting.. you do? Well, then I might write one more blog post soon.