I have anxiety and I was suffering from depression for some amount of time. There, I said it. Yes, I am acknowledging this new information about me on the internet, where I am the coolest person. Its a part of who I am and I am done hiding it.
Living with anxiety is already such a huge struggle and one of the worst parts of it is the people. Whenever I tell someone about my anxiety I get the same kind of responses all the time and I wish I could reply them back with these lines:
- Person: but you don’t have to be so afraid all the time, you know.
Me: I guess my brain doesn’t know this.
- Person: you have anxiety because you think you have anxiety.
Me: wow you’re a genius but my brain is stupid.
- Person: don’t blame your crying on anxiety, you’re just a drama queen.
Me: If I really was one, you had been exiled by now.
- Person: are you sure you’re getting an anxiety attack? You probably might be only over thinking?
Me: If overthinking feels like you’re dying then you’re right, I’m over thinking. Don’t mind me wailing in that dark corner.
- Person: you just need to learn how to chill rather than taking pills.
Me: umm.. those are chill pills.
- Person: you know some people have it worse than you.
Me: so I should be happy? But then there are people who have it much better than me. I’ll just take my anxiety.
- Person: it’s all in your head
Me: you’re right! it’s my brain, and it’s in my head.
Ps: Anxiety and depression aren’t laughing matter. If anyone close to you is suffering from them, make sure all you do is listen, even though you can’t understand.